HOT INDEPENDENT ARTISTS OF THE WEEK
pinkpantheress brings cyberpunk energy and dream pop vibes to ‘just for me.’
Actress Alexa Demie’s ‘Leopard Limo’ is pure seduction.
Nothing is more romantic than Spencer.’s ‘My Luv.’
TOP STORIES OF THE DAY
The coronavirus continues to plague the U.S. alongside the rest of the world over a year and a half after the inception of the COVID-19 pandemic back in 2020. While the current COVID-19 vaccines are available to help minimize the spread and effect of the coronavirus, many are still apprehensive about taking it.
Billie Eilish is a seven time Grammy winner, dancer, pop superstar and now a sneaker designer. The 19-year-old songstress is stepping into the world of fashion, broadening her brand to now encompass a line of vegan shoes. We repeat, vegan shoes.
After five years Euphoria star Alexa Demie releases a new single that is pure seduction. Demie’s 2021 sultry single Leopard Limo (Archive LL11) compels listeners, stimulating their senses with her sensual melodies and sexy guitar breaks.
- ‘Family Guy’ Explains The COVID-19 Vaccine To Anti-Vaxxersby Angelica CheyenneThe coronavirus continues to plague the U.S. alongside the rest of the world over a year and a half after the inception of the COVID-19 pandemic back in 2020. While the current COVID-19 vaccines are available to help minimize the spread and effect of the coronavirus, many are still apprehensive about taking it.
- Chloe Mrozak Faces Prison Time After Using a Fake ‘Maderna’ Vaccination Card in Hawaiiby Angelica CheyenneTrying to circumvent the law never works out well in the end, and more times than not will result in major consequences. Major consequences are exactly what 24-year-old Chloe Mrozak is facing after she falsified her COVID-19 vaccination card so she could visit Hawaii without having to abide by the state’s quarantine policy.
- Oprah Winfrey’s OWN Your Health/Hologic are Here for Black and Brown Womenby Angelica CheyenneThe ongoing racial disparities within the healthcare system is the reason that media mogul Oprah Winfrey has launched her first-ever health initiative OWN Your Health. OWN Your Health, Ms. Winfrey’s initiative to bring awareness to the disparities Black women experience within the healthcare system, will be in partnership with Hologic’s Project Health Equality.
- The #MilkCrateChallenge Is The Latest Social Media Trend That Will Land You In The ERby Angelica CheyenneViral social media trends have gotten people to swallow dry cinnamon, #CinnamonChallenge, eat Tide Pods, #TidePodChallenge, and stand up for ALS by getting drenched in ice water, #IceBucketChallenge. As illogical as some of these social media trends may be, many still willingly engage, hoping to get their fifteen minutes of fame—even if they’re harmed in the process. The latest stupid, and highly dangerous, social media challenge sweeping TikTok and Instagram alike is the #MilkCrateChallenge.
- ‘Euphoria’ Star Alexa Demie Releases A New Singleby Angelica CheyenneAfter five years Euphoria star Alexa Demie releases a new single that is pure seduction. Demie’s 2021 sultry single Leopard Limo (Archive LL11) compels listeners, stimulating their senses with her sensual melodies and sexy guitar breaks.
- Spencer. Is Holding It Down For Alt R&B: A Music Reviewby Angelica CheyenneSince 2016 Spencer. has been making quality music, beginning with his lyric-free 2016 EP STARCASTER, bringing new energy with each music release. Showing off his growth from 2016 with his 2018 EP VISCERAL LOVE, Spencer. breaks out of the producer-only role and delivers an indie R&B masterpiece.
- WHO IS SIRUP?: The Leading Face of Japanese R&Bby Angelica CheyenneJapanese underground alternative R&B sensation SIRUP is rising to popularity on the J-pop music scene. SIRUP’s name 一a mashup of the term Sing & Rap 一 is highly representative of his style of music, making him a unique addition to the Japanese R&B genre.
- The Ladies in Hip Hop Dominated Rolling Loud 2021, And Here’s Whyby Angelica CheyenneDominating this year’s music festival was none other than the fabulous ladies that have been making a major impact in hip hop. Holding their own alongside their male counterparts Da Baby and Lil Baby, the leading hip hop ladies Meg Thee Stallion, Latto and Rico Nasty were the true Rolling Loud MVP’s.
- Hayley Williams of Paramore Launches New Hair Dye Line METALHEADSby Angelica CheyenneHayley Williams debuted METALHEADS, the new metallic hair colors offered by the Good Dye Young brand, in early September. Consisting of five vibrant hair color options, ranging from fire red-orange to silver gray, METALHEADS is a bold semi-permanent hair dye that was created for the uninhibited and experimental.
- Taraji P. Henson Makes Hair Self-Care Much Easier With TPH By Tarajiby Angelica CheyenneTaraji P. Henson has products infused with awesome ingredients that will help your natural curls thrive. Wash day will no longer be a chore with TPH by Taraji, Taraji P Henson’s new hair care line.
- Billie Eilish Goes Blonde. Again.by Angelica CheyenneBillie Eilish goes back to her roots, blonde roots. On Wednesday (March 17) Billie Eilish took to Instagram to debut her new shaggy blonde hair, a stark difference from the black and green ombré look she’s been wearing since 2019.
- Australian Beauty Artist Criss Scortezz “Preferred” Beauty Method Gains Popularity On Social Mediaby Angelica CheyenneUnlike the typical triangle under eye highlighting technique, Scortezz’s “preferred method” only places concealer on the outer edge and inner edge of the under eye while maintaining space in between. Additionally, concealer also is placed down the sides of the nose to give the it a “natural contour,” according to Scortezz. This way of concealing and highlighting not only is less dramatic, but also does a better job of lifting the eye.
- Slick Woods Headlines Lionne Clothing’s Debut Fashion Showby Angelica CheyenneSlick woods, supermodel and one of the top faces of Fenty Beauty, has made her way back to the runway. The buzzcut beauty came back like the fierce Slick woods we all love to see, workin’ the catwalk like only she could in Lionne Clothing’s Fall/Winter Fashion show.
- Ashley Graham Exemplifies Body Acceptance Through Revealing Instagram Picsby Angelica CheyenneThickalicious fashion model Ashley Graham continues her body positive advocacy via social media, exemplifying the power in body acceptance. Progressing the body inclusivity movement by example, Graham embodies the essence of true self-appreciation.
- Duckie Thot Is The New Face Of Swimwear Line Oceanusby Angelica CheyenneThe beautifully melanated and mesmerizing Sudanese-Australian fashion model Duckie Thot is the new face of the London-based swimwear line Oceanus. Ms. Thot is the frontwoman for the brand’s new swimwear collection “CASA DEL DUCKIE,” and the center for Oceanus newest swimwear campaign.
- Paul Walker’s Daughter Meadow Walker Opens The 2021 Fall/Winter Givenchy Fashion Showby Angelica CheyennePaul Walker’s daughter Meadow Walker works the runway for the Fall/Winter Givenchy show. On Sunday (March 7) Walker reposted a short video clip of herself strutting down an empty Givenchy runway in a gothic chic Givenchy outfit as the show’s opener.
- Billie Eilish and Nike Team Up to Drop New Vegan Sneakerby Angelica CheyenneBillie Eilish is a seven time Grammy winner, dancer, pop superstar and now a sneaker designer. The 19-year-old songstress is stepping into the world of fashion, broadening her brand to now encompass a line of vegan shoes. We repeat, vegan shoes.
- Justine Skye and Giveon are in a Relationship!by Angelica CheyenneJustine Skye and her new boo Giveon have been doing a good job at keeping their budding romance lowkey y’all! The two young superstars have been seeing each other for a while now, however have only been pictured together on a few occasions, helping keep their relationship under wraps.
- Megan Fox & MGK Aren’t This Gen’s Angelina Jolie & Billy Bob Thorntonby Angelica CheyenneWhile they’re famous Hollywood couples of today that receive much love and the label of #couples goals, like Rihanna & A$AP Rocky, they’re some that have been shaded for displaying “try-hard” behavior. Megan Fox and MGK have become that shaded couple after their appearance at the 2021 VMA’s. Despite many fans rooting for Fox and MGK, considering them to be this generation’s Angelina Jolie & Billy Bob Thornton, many fans feel that they’re overzealously trying to emulate Jolie & Thornton.
- Addison Rae Gets Slammed On Twitter For Attending The Met Galaby Angelica CheyenneAddison Rae being at the Met Gala definitely broke the internet, but not in a good way. Followers of the philanthropic fashion festivity took to Twitter on Monday night to vent their shady opinions about Rae’s Met Gala appearance, blaming her for diminishing the prestige of the event. There were also many digs taken at her gown choice.
- Channing Tatum Produces A ‘Magic Mike’ Dance Reality Show For HBO Maxby Angelica CheyenneSince it’s initial release, “Magic Mike” has become a cult classic film, spinning off into the equally successful 2015 sequel Magic Mike XXL and the “Magic Mike Live” tour. The $167M “Magic Mike” franchise is now the inspiration for a new dance competition that will be coming to HBO Max.
- City Girl’s Unreleased Song ‘Twerkulator’ Inspires New TikTok Dance Challengeby Angelica CheyenneCity Girls unreleased song “Twerkulator” inspires a new dance challenge on TikTok. The twerk-inducing single was leaked last summer, however it’s doubling back as the new twerk anthem for the summer of 2021.
- Celebrity Dance Choreographer Sean Bankhead “Up” Dance Tutorial Goes Viralby Angelica CheyenneBankhead’s “Up” tutorial is now just as popular as the #UpChallenge! People all over Instagram and TikTok are posting themselves doing the “Up” choreography to the sound of Bankhead’s vocals, hitting each count the way Bankhead directed in the original video.
- Tony Award Winning Choreographer and ‘Chicago’ Star Ann Reinking Passes Awayby Angelica CheyenneMulti-talented entertainer Ann Reinking passes away at 71. Breaking into Broadway at just 19, Reinking charted a legacy that upcoming dancers study today. Actor, dancer and choreographer Ann Reinking was also a protégé of trailblazing choreographer and dancer Bob Fosse.
- ‘ATL 2: ‘The Homecoming’ Is Long Overdue And Highly Anticipatedby Angelica CheyenneAfter 15 years, the cult classic 2006 movie ATL is finally getting a well deserved and much-awaited sequel. The ATL 2: “The Homecoming” trailer that was released on Friday (August 27) caused much excitement among fans, opened floodgates for nostalgia and created more anticipation for the upcoming film. Seeing theContinue reading “‘ATL 2: ‘The Homecoming’ Is Long Overdue And Highly Anticipated”
- Taraji P. Henson is the New Ms. Hannigan in NBC’s ‘Annie Live!’by Angelica CheyenneNBC’s new upcoming Annie Live! will feature Taraji P. Henson as the infamous orphanage caretaker we all hate to love. On Tuesday (June 8) NBC announced that the academy award winning actress will be playing the role of villainous Ms. Hannigan in their live version of the famed musical. HensonContinue reading “Taraji P. Henson is the New Ms. Hannigan in NBC’s ‘Annie Live!’”
- “Bring it On” but Make it Horrorby Angelica CheyenneTaking on new form, the franchise will be adding horror to the mix in the upcoming “Bring it On: Halloween.” In 2022 the Scyfy channel will be releasing the thriller version of “Bring it On,” merging the standard cheerleading rivalry theme with a suspenseful new edge.
- Four Questions That Need To Be Answered In “Ginny and Georgia” Season 2by Angelica CheyenneWhile Ginny is dealing with the highs and lows of teenagehood, Georgia is battling her own childhood trauma while simultaneously scheming to provide a stable life for her children. Throughout the first season of “Ginny and Georgia” viewers were left with many “OMG!” moments—one being that Georgia murdered two of her husbands for understandable reasons—and some lingering questions. As a “Ginny and Georgia” fan myself there are 5 questions that I, and I’m sure other fans, need answered in the upcoming second season.
- WOODSPOON: A Brazilian Food Gem In DTLA’s Fashion Districtby Angelica CheyenneSome of the best things are hidden within the borders of DTLA’s Fashion District, adding another layer of appeal to the sub-neighborhood of LA. Tucked away inside the hub of the Fashion District is WOODSPOON, one of DTLA’s hidden gems and best Brazilian eateries.
- Krispy Kreme Will Now Be Giving Two Free Donuts To The COVID-19 Vaccinated Instead Of Oneby Angelica CheyenneSince March of 2021 Krispy Kreme has been using their delicious original glazed donut to lure people into getting their COVID-19 vaccination, incentivizing those who are reluctant. This Labor Day weekend the major donut franchise will be doubling their incentivization, offering two free glazed donuts to those who are COVID-19 vaccinated.
- Starbucks New Apple Crisp Macchiato Is The Newest Challenger For Their Pumpkin Spiceby Angelica CheyenneMove over pumpkin spice, apple crisp is here and has the potential to become the new favorite flavor of the fall season. Today (August 24) Starbucks debuted their newest latte option, the Apple Crisp Macchiato. Since its release the new apple themed drink has amassed a major buzz, and is now the latest hot topic in the foodie community.
- Fans Can’t Wait For The New Saweetie Meal At McDonald’sby Angelica CheyenneLast week, McDonald’s announced that their newest celebrity partnership would be with Saweetie and the signature Saweetie meal would be released on Monday (August 9). Now The Saweetie Meal may seem ordinary, consisting of only a Big Mac, 4-piece nuggets, fries and Sprite, but if you eat it how Saweetie would then it hardly is. Even the meal’s exclusive dipping sauce, Saweetie ‘N Sour, seems like it has an extra oomph that McDonald’s traditional sweet ‘n sour may be lacking.
DON’T FORGET TO SUBSCRIBE!
Get new content delivered directly to your inbox.